Christian Dating Sites
As modern Christians we should definitely be open to meeting all kinds of different people. However, when it comes to dating, settling down, and sharing our lives with someone special it really makes sense to at least first look for someone that will also be willing to put God first in their lives and in the life of the family. As a devout Christian I thought it would be interesting to look at some Bible verses that are usually brought up in discussions surrounding dating, relationships, and marriage.
Best Christian Dating Sites
Big Church – If you are looking for a big church family-like community then this is the place for you to be. The site is full of really great members looking to share their heart with you and to enjoy some quality time together. If you want to experience one of the largest and purest Christian dating sites then please visit the Big Church.
Christian Cafe – If you are new to online dating and are really interested in a serious relationship that is both personal and deeply spiritual we would highly recommend trying this site first. This site has more conservative members and generally is a very safe and rewarding place to join and meet new people that are similar to you.
5 Great Bible Verses For Christian Dating Site Members
- “Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.” – 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
- “So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart.” – 2 Timothy 2:22
- “Do not be deceived: Bad company ruins good morals.” – 1 Corinthians 15:33
- “For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality; that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor, not in the passion of lust like the Gentiles who do not know God;” – 1 Thessalonians 4:3-5
- “He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.” – Proverbs 18:22
These are but a few of the scriptures that give us some guidance as it relates to Christian relationships and finding the right person to share our lives and our religion with. It’s also important to be very upfront when you go to the different Christian dating sites and prepare your profile. Here are some questions you should try to answer:
7 Questions to Answer When Preparing Your Christian Dating Profile
- Do you prefer someone from a specific denomination (Presbyterian, Lutheran, Catholic, etc.)? This could eventually be important if the other person is also very adamant about the specific type of church they attend.
- Do you believe in premarital sex? It’s perfectly fine and will avoid some potential problems if you are just upfront about this. There are many different ways to interpret the scripture and while abstinence is for many Christians, it’s not for all of them.
- Do you openly practice your Christianity at all times? For instance, do you like to say a verbal prayer before all meals even when you are out on a date? This is also fine, it’s just not for everyone.
- Do you avoid R rated movies and or specific types of movies? If you do, then try to provide other members with what it is about them specifically that you like to avoid (violence, sex, profanity, etc.).
- Do you have a strong stance on profanity including taking the Lord’s name in vain? Also, perfectly fine and very good for other members to know.
- How many times per week do you go to church and what times are you unavailable so you can attend church functions?
- Do you listen to Christian music? If yes, what kind of music are you more of a Toby Mac person or Amy Grant/Michael W. Smith (so many great choices here…).